Where to find me online

Monday, July 5, 2010

Don't be cultic

The bible says, many things. What it explicitly says is biblical, but how I make sense of how it applies or what conclusions are to be drawn is just me influenced by the bible. I cannot embrace the bible without bringing to it myself and shaping an understanding for myself. But the moment I equate my understanding of the bible with the bible itself, I have become a cult. I have become my own authority independent of what God has breathed.

All theology is man made, even mine. Good theology is man made as is bad theology. The only healthy attitude about theology is found by balancing these two principles into an irresolvable conundrum:

1) Rightly divide the word of truth
2) Let God be true and every man a liar

No matter what you think you will always be wrong in some way, large or small, that you are either incapable of appreciating or have yet to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bob for sharing this. I appreciate your comments here and on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete